Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 3 August 2013

Blog-Con Under 100 Days

In just one week it will be less than three months to Blog-Con, already it's less than 100 days. Up to now it's been going to happen sometime in the future. Now it's not as far away as you might think. The blog devoted to it has a surprisingly low number of followers at the moment, given the interest shown in it. 

Part of the massive playing area.
So keep 9/10th November in your mind folks as I mentioned on the site, once the kids are back at school it will be here like a flash and all those brownie points you need to accrue still a work in progress. 

Not only has a lot of interest from Bloggers been shown but also from some of the Nottingham based suppliers so we should have plenty to see beyond the games we take along. It's probably the best Con to take a virgin display or participation game to given the lack of pressure that will be in play. Yes the weekend is skewed to skirmish but bigger games are most welcome. 

Talking of Skirmish games, I have received the PDF rules, card figures and stat cards for the basic gladiators for Arena Rex. The figures will not be ready for Blog-Con but armed with the rules and card warriors I may just bring this along to give it an outing. Well it has got me to pull out the figure they supplied me and so after a very minimum clean up I have put it together. OK the top guys paint it THEN put it together but that's not me. But more on that in the future

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think you guys coming up will be excellent.

      We may even get flushing toilets fitted in your honour ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to this too and who do I need to contact about putting a game on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ray, join the club :-)

    @PanzerKaput, Any of the three of us James is away on holiday but if you want to e-mail me with your requirements I will e-mail you back copying in James and Dave and we can get things rolling. Tables are I think 6 foot by 4 but I think we can do others as well if required. One of your games would be a brilliant addition to the weekend

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to live vicariously through all of your blogs. I also just noticed your change in format. Given up on Dynamic views?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I only changed it in the last two days.

      I have not given up on them, I like a lot of things about Dynamic but I don't like the blog roll not being there so I plan to have a month of each, so expect it to keep changing

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Ooo I wonder if I will be in UK at that time.. if so then this would be quite interesting to go to! Have marked it on the calendar just to be safe! Thanks for the heads up on this!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.