Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 21 September 2014

Warbases Stage Coach

I left my glasses at work the other day but was really in the mood to get on with something so I thought I may as well start painting my Warbases Stagecoach. This is a nice kit costing a reasonable £7 and goes together easily, though it would have been that little bit easier if I had the instructions but I did not ask for a set when I bought them at Partizan (no not the one from the other weekend).

Being for the kids collection I wanted it to be a bit bright. The base colour was Vallejo Flat Red but with the wood soaking it up it was a tad dark so I added a thick wash of Scarlet which made the red pop.

The front wheels do swivel which was a surprise as I am not known for my finesse. This is all down to the clever little mechanism you can see under the drivers seat.

I painted up the red quite quickly so without the aid of my glasses tackled the blue, not sure what I was thinking but the etching that Warbases put into the detail made it straightforward with only a small amount of touching up with the Scarlet.

The wheels I painted in Oily Steel and then added Games Workshop Nulin Oil wash to dull it down further. I did the same on the blue boards as they were eye watering bright. If I had taken more time, painted the interior before assembling and used filler where required I could have made this look even better but as it is I am satisfied with the result.

26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, now done a wagon, that's not so bright

      Ian

      Delete
  2. I got one of these at other Partizan in September and it is a great kit and your paintjob has really done it justice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, looking forward to seeing yours done now

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Nice, very nice...great red color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice looking model and I'm with everyone else on the red-it looks smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, glad I added the scarlet as it was rather flat before

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The blue also adds to the reds effect

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Looks great. Kinda wish I got one of these rather than my very expensive Old Glory one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Old Glory one is excellent though. Side by side I am betting you would keep yours

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Roger, starting to think I should have added curtains

      Ian

      Delete
  8. Was the Scarlet Vallejo as well? Love that intensity of colour.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Vallejo, almost all my paints are, need to broaden my pool of paints really but I do like the Vallejo

      Ian

      Delete
  9. This coach looks great! The red is quite strking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it should stand out on the table

      Ian

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Stefan, it's really just something to hide behind but I can see it getting other jobs as we play more

      Ian

      Delete
  11. Very nice looking stage coach. I'm also looking forward to Hougoumont being built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have Hougoumont primed now, will start painting it this coming week, got three others on the go first though

      Ian

      Delete
  12. Nicely painted and a great shade of red.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan, it's bound to draw fire :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.