Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 22 October 2014

A Western Theme - Structure (Building) of the Week

For the next few days you will get a series of posts that all have something to do with the kids Cowboy collection. Today you get a slightly changed building of the week in this Sarissa Precision Old West Gallows (DO41) and costs £7.50 


Like the Sarissa Precision building I built this is an easy kit to put together and painting was easy as lets face it it's just the one colour. I did not want to have the wood looking faded like the buildings as I was working on the principle it's not been up as long as the buildings but still allowed a little difference in the planks for interest sake.

It was really windy when I took the photo's so the noose was being blown around making it hard t see Cath's good work. I am a little worried how quickly she was able to knock up a working noose. Defiantly remembering her Birthday!

We have already played a game using both the building and the gallows. My daughter for some reason loaded the platform of the gallows with men rather than taking to a house. Lots of fun was had and once I have all the buildings finished expect a few protracted shoot outs.

12 comments:

  1. Superb work and I like the base as well. Nice and simple but very effective. Looking forward to seeing some Batreps with this playing a central role :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I have a few more buildings painted up I will do a few Bat Reps and who can resist running up the gallows steps?

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Now that's impressive, I could probably get away with one of those for the Wichfinder set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could but I think a rope cast over a good looking tree's branch would be fine LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  3. nice gallow ! (if a gallow could be "nice" ! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots depends on who is being strung up I suppose LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  4. I built a full-size replica of one of these for my mother-in-law, but she failed to use it,,,,,,Ungrateful or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, I bought mine an electric chair, never allowed me to plug it in

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Looks great and a definite for any wild west game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to have one for sure and as it's a quick build I had no excuse

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.