Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Lancashire Games French SYW Artillery

Keeping with 15mm but switching to the SYW I have finished the first three units for The Boy's French army. Sounds impressive until you realise it's artillery so very small units.

I continue to be impressed by Lancashire Games products, true the cavalry let them down a little but these figures look the part and again paint up nice and quick. I went with a dark blue and crimson to make them pop, my son rather likes them so a score there.

The pack comes with three different sized guns so I crewed the smaller one with just three crew. The wheels go on the carriages with ease and they have enough detail to be interesting to paint whilst not too fiddly. The guns are a slightly darker blue than the coats of the crew.

The Boy has chosen his next unit which is infantry so I will be finishing a unit he started way back around the start of the year, also Lancashire Games. Today I ordered him the Schomberg Dragoons as he wants to have a unit in the distinctive green. These are Blue Moon via Old Glory along with a few higher command figures to lead his troops.

Meanwhile I have started a battalion of Grenadiers for my Prussians, seems to be all go and all 15mm on the desk at the moment. So I will be looking at getting a few more 6mm units across it sometime soon just to keep it fresh.

7 comments:

  1. I continue to be impressed with Lancashire 15mm figures as well. My focus has been on their mid-19th Century European wars and the French, Austrian, and Sardinian infantry are first rate! Prices are reasonable too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices are very reasonable, especially if you take advantage of their offers from time to time

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, slower work on my grenadiers though

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Well done! Very colourful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the sources seem to have them fairly bright and The Boy approves so all is good

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.